Quotations submitted by A.E.S. are subject to the following conditions:
1. Quotations are open for acceptance for a period of 60 days after which we reserve the right to withdraw or modify the same.
2. It should be noted that we are unable to hold ourselves responsible for decorations , plaster etc., although every precaution will be taken.
3. Every care will be taken if it proves necessary to lift and refit carpets. Our engineers are experienced in this but are not professional carpet fitters. The client may, if preferred, employ the services of such to work in conjunction with our engineers during the installation.
4. Work will be carried out as detailed in our specification and in accordance with our conditions of contract. Any additional work or deviation from our contract required by the client will constitute a separate quotation and must be accepted by the client.
5. The system here by installed is guaranteed for one year from the date of completion in respect of replacement of parts caused by normal wear and tear. This guarantee will be null and void if the system has been interfered with in any way by others or through negligence or wilful damage. In which case a normal call out charge will be made including a charge for those parts.
6. The installation will be in accordance with the relevant British standards.
7. The company will not renew or repair under warranty, any part of the system which has been damaged by intruders or force majeure.
8. The company is not aware of the contents of the premises nor has any special knowledge of these and limits its liability as under.
9. Although the equipment is designed to reduce the risk of loss and/or damage the company does not represent or warrant that the system may not be rendered ineffective by intruders or other unauthorised personnel and the company shall accept no liability in respect of any loss or damage sustained by the customer howsoever caused.
10. The company shall not be liable to the customer in respect of consequential or financial loss or damage howsoever caused.
11. The company does not accept liability in respect of loss or damage sustained by the customer arising from burglary, theft, entry where the same is due to the failure of the equipment to function correctly or to any inadequacy in the design, installation or construction of the system howsoever caused.
12. If not withstanding clause 8,9,10 & 11 above liability attaches to the company liability shall be limited to the total of the installation costs.
13. The company does not accept liability of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by or arising from the failure of any computer, date processing equipment or media, microchip, integrated circuit or similar device or any computer software, whether occurring before , during, or after the year 2000,
1) correctly to recognise any date as its true calendar date,
2) to capture, save or retain &/or correctly to manipulate, interpret or process any data or information or command or instruction as a result of treating any date otherwise than its true calendar date,
3) to capture, save, retain or correctly to process any data as a result of any command which has been programmed into any computer software, being a command which caused the loss of data or the inability to capture, save, retain or correctly to process such data on or after any date.
14. Payment, 50% with order the remaining 50% immediately upon substantial completion of the works as detailed in the specification.